Friday, January 25, 2008

Jeep With new alloy wheels



After a considerable effort I finally managed to find a working mechanical winch with a PTO pump. It cost me nearly and Rs 80000 for both. But if you are happy with an electric one you can find a new 3-4 ton electric winch for about Rs 30000- 40000 in most cases. My Windscreen is three wipers model with an extra hand wiper (As far as I know Japanese military jeeps had an extra manual wiper to use in a case of an emergency) but I only managed to find 2 wipers so far. I am still searching for the third wiper.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Good info here. I am planning on buying one of these JEEPS fully modified. The only thing is that its PETROL. What are the advantages of getting it converted to DIESEL? and a rough cost? By the way I'm in Sri Lanka :)

Shanaka Amarasingha said...

Normally these petrol jeeps are cheaper. Simply you cannot expect a price similar to diesel. 4DR5 diesel engine with gear box will cost nearly Rs 100,000 if you are lucky you can find one for Rs 80000. Only advantage of converting is fuel cost.

There are number of differences between diesel and petrol models such like Petrol jeep`s Axel is smaller than the diesel ones. Petrol models Mud Guard is small in width compared to diesel model. Vehicle chassey is different too.

Unknown said...

Hi, Shanaka,

thanks for the infor, very useful indeed. I am planing to buy one jeep like this, but very difficult find, besides given my budget - i have to look for a one fit it.

What would you advice that i should look for

Erwin - Sri Lanka

Unknown said...

what type of difference are there in the petrol chassis?, mine is a converted one, i have put all diesel parts leafs spring diffs and etc except the steering system, please enlighten me cz now theres sumthing wrong with my front leaf springs